Tryptich by Joyce Howard

Tryptich by Joyce Howard

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Joyce Howard's folk art




Welcome! This is a blog with examples of my mother Joyce Howard's toll and folk art.
She passed away in 1984, having created a notable career as a reknowned folk artist with several published books, and has been shown in many galleries.

Her work is timeless in it's beauty, and something I've longed to share with the world for some time now. Here you will see some examples, which I hope will provide inspiration. I will provide links to her work as well, so come visit often to see new postings.

All work shown here is under copyright. Any inquiries can be emailed to me at:
joycehowardfolkart@gmail.com

So please, visit often, and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Nancy: Thank you for your wonderful blog and for sharing your mothers wonderful work. I have all of her books - many are worn from decades of lovingly looking at her work and painting many of her designs. Your mother passed away not too long after I entered the world of decorative art, and I always wished I could have taken a class from her. I know many people who were fortunate to have met her and painted with her. They have nothing to say other than what a gift she was to the art world and also that she was a lovely woman and great teacher. She was and continues to be very loved and respected in the tole and decorative art community. She was a blessing to all folk and decorative artists! I'm 62 and love the internet because we can find connections to people and things we've always cherished but for which it's been difficult to find in the past. I heard Joyce's children and husband were also artists, so I hope she passed her talents on to you! Thank you again for sharing with others. Hopefully you'll be able to put more of her work on-line. Sincerely, Londi Rowley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nancy, thank you for this blog. I am a great admirer of you Mother's work. I own all her books and several of her patterns. Like Londi above, I was also too late when I entered the painting field, to take classes from her, she was gone already.
    I'm 71 now and still paint when I am not quilting or doing some other craft. It's amazing that I decided just yesterday to paint her Wall Angel, that is the reason I put her name into google again and I found you.

    Here is a link to my post on the quilting board I belong to and where I am posting my progress on the Angel..

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-162160-1.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a beautiful piece of her work and was wondering about its value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a beautiful piece of her work and was wondering about its value.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures on the Dell's and company website are so beautiful. How wonderful that people have collected her books

    ReplyDelete